Who can afford to sit in a Dentist’s chair for hours on end to get a crown? Not us! With CEREC® CAD/CAM, you only need 2 hours! Plus, with CEREC® CAD/CAM there are no temporaries and no need for a secondary visit. Not only is this approach less invasive than others, it offers durable, long-lasting and natural looking crowns in a just a couple of hours!
What Is A Crown?
A dental crown fully encases the visible portion of a tooth or dental implant to restore shape, size and strength to the tooth. Once a crown is bonded to the tooth, it should last 5 to 15 years with proper care and good oral hygiene.
How Do I Know If I Need A Crown?
Your Dentist may prescribe a crown for a number of reasons including but not limited to:
- Restore and protect a worn, decayed, cracked or broken tooth
- Protect and support a tooth after a large filling or root canal
- Cover a dental implant
- Secure a bridge or other prosthetic in place
- Improve your smile by covering misshapen or severely discolored tooth
What Are My Options?
There are three types of crowns available. Your Dentist will assess your particular dental needs and recommend the best option for you.
- Full Porcelain – Porcelain is attractive, strong, stable, and highly resistant to wear. It offers a high level of biocompatibility because it does not contain metal.
- Full-Metal – A metal crown may be recommended for back teeth where the forces of biting and chewing are the greatest. A metal crown rarely chips or breaks. In addition, it requires minimal removal of tooth structure.
- Porcelain-Fused-to-Metal – While there are several advantages to selecting this type of crown, it requires the removal of more tooth structure than other types of crowns. This means that there is greater potential for patient discomfort during the treatment procedure
Ready to book and appointment with West Modern Dentistry & Orthodontics? Click Here!